Saturday, July 01, 2006

Hmmmm...

Did I mention that I was predicting the losers of each quarterfinal? Ha ha...hmmm...oh.

Okay, so I went 0-4. But two of the four matches were extremely close. Interestingly, it turned out that I actually kind of like England after all (that is easier to say now that they are out, though). Kudos to them for staving off elimination with only ten men. Once the match edged nearer to the shoot-out I knew they were doomed, though. Ricardo is just too good under pressure.


And HOORAH FRANCE!! My doubt worked again. They won. They beat Brazil. Now I am superstitiously afraid to profess my support for them. They face Portugal, who I am no longer that fond of. I am back to pretty much hating Cristiano Ronaldo, and, for some reason, Figo just isn't doing it for me.

So, shall I put my prediction skills (or lack thereof) to the test yet again? I think so:
Germany - Italy
Portugal - France *

*Here's hoping this doesn't backfire.

On a completely unrelated note, here are some Italian footballers in designer undawears (click the frosty - or steamy - background images for a better look).

Also, today is Canada Day. I don't think I am unpatriotic, but Canada Day is meaningless to me - unless enjoying fireworks means something. Happy 139th nonetheless!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You love football so much.
:)
Bhaskar, India

July 03, 2006 1:26 a.m.  
Blogger NICOLE. said...

oh kristalee.
i think Bhaskar got it right!!
you do love football.
i can't sleep right now so i'm cruising around on the internet. party time.
xx nicole

July 03, 2006 5:04 a.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

How could I not love The Beautiful Game?

July 03, 2006 12:15 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

My oh my Krista....I opened the D&G link while at work! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

As for my quarterfinal picks, I went 2 for 4 (France and Portugal). Semifinal picks are Italy and I have no idea. I just can't decide who to pick between Portugal/France. Portugal beat England (YAY!) and France, surprisingly, beat Brazil. Whichever wins, I figure the winner of the France/Portugal game will win the Cup.

July 04, 2006 8:43 a.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

Yeah.... the more I think about it, the less I am sure of the France-Portugal outcome. France has been getting stronger each game. My dearest Zizou has stepped up his game in a big way. Portugal has been good, but their win over England could have been in regulation. They were up a man! They will have Deco and Costinha back against France - that might make a difference in the midfield. But who knows? I just hope France wins.

And I am predicting a German win because I think the Twelfth Man will make the difference.

July 04, 2006 12:31 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Germany? I dunno. They're looking a bit frazzled to me at the moment (we're watching the game at work). I think they're going to crack...viva italia!

July 04, 2006 1:45 p.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

No crackage yet!
Italy sat back a little in that second half, though.

July 04, 2006 2:58 p.m.  
Blogger Jas said...

WHOA. You're blogging again. Most useless comment ever.

July 04, 2006 4:59 p.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

Oui, oui. Je blogue (from the verb bloguer). But currently it's World Cup stuff, soon to be about my mostly boring life.

Happy belated birthday, by the by.

July 04, 2006 5:48 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Well, it looks like it's going to be Italy v. France. I'm going with Italy although like you said France has been getting better and better.

I'm surprised - there are more dives in futbol than in hockey. Sheesh.

I still can't get over the fact that my dear Figo waxes his chest. Ick...

July 07, 2006 9:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home