Friday, June 16, 2006

New and Not-So-New

If you read this blog with any regularity, you will have noticed that I changed my template. Not only was the other one a lot a bit boring, this one reminds me of a microarray, which in turn reminds me of my love for microbiology and science.

World Cup: More wrenches are being thrown! Even though I said that my predictions were virtually baseless, I thought that they were at least safe. Ecuador won again, advancing themselves; Poland lost, ensuring their demise. Trinidad and Tobago are still in it, too. Argentina is going crazy - their match versus the Netherlands is going to be very interesting. Angola is playing well, too. They held Portugal in their opener for most of the game, losing only by a goal in the end, and they are curretnly holding Mexico in the same fashion (although Mexico is arguably not quite in this game). I'm excited about this weekend's matches.

Hockey: Oilers are still "in it." Maybe it's better to say that they are not "out of it." Whichever; it's not over. They are still facing elimination, but they might have the edge in Game 6 - home ice, home crowd, momentum from a big Game 4 win. GO OILERS GO!!!

Other:
-While I am glad that Nicole is doing well in la belle France, I am excited for her return home. I miss her dearly.
-I have somehow become involved in Yahoo! Answers. It's kind of a dumb idea - I'm sure many of the questions people ask can be answered with a simple search engine search.... some people ask some lame questions..... some people give some lame answers. But it's also kind of fun reading what people have to ask, seeing if you know what others don't and vice versa.
-I have periodically been involved in some healthy and what I find interesting banter about avian flu with a fellow blogger. It started here and continues here.
-I am getting sick sick sick of this weather. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home