Wednesday, June 07, 2006

AH ZUT! - The Sequel

I nearly cried. Seriously.

I was happy that Jussi started, and I don't think that blow-out was his fault whatsoever. It was the team's fault. They had no chance with undisciplined play like that. They didn't give Jussi a chance; they didn't give themselves a chance.
I thought they were looking for the "perfect" play... too many passes, or ATTEMPTED passes that bounced off the Carolina defenders (but kudos to them for fixin' up, lookin' sharp). I mean, those weren't even the Oilers I know and love. They were the evil, android Oilers.

I don't know if I can still see that glimmer of hope. I mean, it is a similar situation to the San Jose series, but, I hate to say it, there is no Roloson. Regardless, if the Oilers want to win a game or the Cup they have to stick to what they know. Physical play, strong forechecking, capitalizing on those odd-man rushes, better penalty killing - or better yet, more disciplined play as to give up fewer penalties!

The Hurricanes might feel about fifty feet tall after that shut out win - we're just gonna have to bite them in the ankles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home