Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Lesson in Self-Loathing

I don't like my life right now. My reasons are these:
  • I can't make myself study as hard as necessary, which is hard.
  • Hormones. Ugh. Hormones.
  • I have not yet come to the realization that I am young and have time to figure out my life. In fact, recently having turned twenty-one, I feel old and unaccomplished.
  • I've resigned myself to the fact that there is nothing in this world that I love enough to fashion into a career. Yet.
  • The weather is ugly.
  • My ankle has suffered a phantom injury.
  • I've officially received my science degree, but I have not experienced the elation and excitement and pride and joy and opportunity to the extent I thought I would.
  • I am extremely jealous of all those travelling this summer.
  • I will likely end up a spinster.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Welcome to my world. Although,

(a) it's my calf not my ankle;
(b) substitute Arts degree for science; and
(c) the weather has improved...slightly.

June 20, 2007 8:53 p.m.  
Blogger Future MD said...

I think dying a spinster is good stuff - people don't do it nearly as dramatically as they use to in old novels :)

You don't have to know what you want to do - that's for people who don't go to clubs!

Drug companies are coming up with new medicines for most hormonal imbalances these days :)

We are still so very, very young and therefore, shouldn't worry so much (ask the old!)

June 21, 2007 10:34 a.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

I know I shouldn't worry. I just can't NOT worry. I want to have some sort of epiphany, to one day, one moment, actually REALLY realize that I have a copious amount of time to figure out life, and that it's not as simple as I want to make it. I met this girl, two years older than me, who flipped from dentistry to environmental science, and said it was the best thing that could have ever happened to her because she loves what she's doing, she's got a great job both now and lined up for her once she's done school, and she's just so happy. I want that.

June 22, 2007 12:29 a.m.  
Blogger Ingmar "W" Bergman said...

How's life?

July 21, 2007 10:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home