Monday, November 20, 2006

Creepin'

I was looking through my tracking information today and it dawned on me the number of regular readers that have never made a comment here. I can say with certainty that I have commented at least once on every blog that I read with any regularity. Thus, it creeped me out a little that people are reading my blog and I have no idea who they are. Or, I know who they are, but don't know it's them. For example, there is someone who reads my blog from Calgary quite often. I don't think I know anyone in Calgary except my aunt, who definitely doesn't read this. There is someone in Edmonton who I'm assuming is not someone I know from school since they can read my blog in the middle of the day from the same location they read it from on weekends, which I am assuming is home. In the end, it's difficult to resolve what's more creepy: knowing I have regular lurkers, or the fact that I'm keeping tabs on these lurkers.

Maybe I'll try my hand at a little magic here....
Lurkers....REVEAL YOURSELVES!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello - longtime reader, sometime lurker, first time commenter.

November 22, 2006 1:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI KRISTALEE. I AM NOT REALLY A LURKER SINCE I HAVE KNOWN YOU SINCE GRADESCHOOL TIMES. also, the word-verification word for this comment was 'plemby', a word I wish were real.

November 22, 2006 9:37 p.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

anonymous: Yeah.... still kinda creepy. Now it's like I know for sure you're there, and I still have no idea who you are.

I just had a thought - it would be a bazillion times creepier if people that I don't know but who I've seen around school, for example, are reading this.

And "plemby..." What would it mean? Obviously an adjective...

November 22, 2006 10:11 p.m.  
Blogger Future MD said...

"Plemby he was, in not negotiating that deal better." Could that work?

I don't care how many people read my blog that I don't know about...as long as they don't talk trash without leaving a comment. Say it to my face!

November 23, 2006 6:13 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Krista! Haven't been around here for a visit in a while. So, technically I haven't been lurking :) Hope all is good. Too bad the oilers lost to Colorado (??) and that stupid Pronger...

My word verification wasn't as exciting as Plemby - wttgvg? Sort of "What gives G"?

December 01, 2006 2:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home