Sunday, August 20, 2006

Operation: There Is No Operation

BAH! I hate that my family never plans anything. Or, they never confide in me any plans that have been made. I thought we were supposed to be off to B.C. on Friday, but I somehow got that confused with the contractor coming over to dig up our backyard. Okay, maybe our departure got bumped to Saturday? Nope, I had a soccer game suddenly pop up in the evening. Now it seems that no one actually knows what is going on - where we're going, when we're going, for how long we're going, or if we are going at all. We try to discuss the issue and work out a plan, but it never gets resolved, a fact that is agitating me immensely.

I think that part of why it is bothering me so much is that I am getting anxious about school. Part of me is quite dreadful in regard to the possible, and more likely probable, difficulty of this "final leg" of my degree. The other part of me is excited about being back on campus, being around people, and immersing myself in things I love. And I suppose I am expecting this jaunt to B.C. to evaporate the last couple of weeks before classes start. I can go, have some fun in the sun, spend time with my family in a beautiful province (not that I have anything against Alberta), and then return with a mere couple of days before "hittin' the books." Waiting is terrible way to pass the time, and we all know what makes time fly.

But enough of my petty woes.

The EPL season kicked off yesterday. While part of me wanted to get up at 5:30 in the morning to take in the triple-header in its entirety, a greater part of me wanted to sleep. As such, I only saw the Bolton-Tottenham game, which was really to my liking as my favourite EPL team is Tottenham. However, they lost, almost embarassingly, by two goals that Bolton scored in the first fifteen minutes of the match. But it's only the first game, and I have full confidence that my Spurs will rise to the top of the table and earn a spot in the Champions League.

Also, who is regularly reading my blog from Italy?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ingmar "W" Bergman said...

Oh no! Say it ain't so. A Spurs fan? Don't you know there's only one team in England worth caring for?

But I do agree with you that Tottenham could go very far this year. They look better than ever on paper this year. I suspect we'll hear a lot about Routledge and Aaron lennon come seasons end.

August 20, 2006 6:19 p.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

Rangers, eh? I can't say that I am familiar with them. Basic cable in Canada doesn't get you much more than Premiership coverage, and only a little bit of it at that.

I don't really know why I love the Spurs as much as I do. I only really started watching EPL a couple of seasons ago and I've always just liked them. In my experience, I haven't encountered many other people that like them, too. I always get the same reaction: "What? A Spurs fan?"

August 20, 2006 7:40 p.m.  
Blogger NICOLE. said...

it is i - the lone italian that is reading your blog from italy. except not. because i am in nyc. today i was at fao schwartz - the toy store where tom hanks dances on the piano in the movie big. it was pretty much the greatest thing ever. i hope you are doing great. talk to you soon!!!!!

August 21, 2006 2:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home