Tuesday, August 22, 2006

On the Road, Again... Finally

Please forward you congratulations to my family for finally deciding what we want to do.

Although it would be nice to spend the dying days of summer as a family, we have opted to split up to do what we want to do. Mom and Dad are going fishing in Chilliwack, while my sisters and I are off to Vancouver for some touristy exploring. Even though we lived on the Lower Mainland for four years, I have never truly seen Vancouver. So, we hope to hit Science World, the Capilano Suspension Bridge, Vancouver Aquarium, Stanley Park, Gastown, etc. We might even head out to Victoria for a day to see my uncle and his new house.

We're leaving tomorrow, and we should be back in a week. It's likely, but not guaranteed, that I will have computer access, although I might not want to recount my mini-holiday until I am home. Nonetheless, I promise more pictures this time.

Unrelatedly, my Spurs won today! Zing! And perhaps my weirdest atrribute dawned on my today: I sleep with my eyes open.

7 Comments:

Blogger Future MD said...

I think truly intelligent people sleep with there eyes open, because so do I. My mom says though I also sleep with my arms crossed over my chest on my back and I've done it for years. That is strange...But, I wouldn't say it was my strangest attribute, because she also told me I was conceived in a cemetary (My mom is a free spirit), so I mildly think is was that nature vs. nuture thing.

August 25, 2006 8:47 p.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

Ah zut! My Spurs lost on Saturday... with an own-goal, too.

Vancouver is pretty swank. I'm having fun, and taking lots of pictures. More later.

August 27, 2006 1:53 a.m.  
Blogger NICOLE. said...

VAN.CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last night i went to see 'greece' at the imax. it was decent. the lady from my big fat greek wedding narrated it.

so i'm thinking that to celebrate the end of our 4th year (i'm looking ahead) that maybe we could hit seattle and then las vegas...or something. just thinking.... talk to you soooon!!!

August 28, 2006 8:16 a.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

Hey, I saw that same exact Greece IMAX thingy at Science World. I thought it was pretty cool.

And yes - Seattle. Las Vegas. Definitely.

August 28, 2006 12:39 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Krista, sounds like a great way to spend the last days of summer. And just for the record, "family" vacations are fine when you're a kid but by the time you're a teenager, they're overrated and downright annoying sometimes.

Tottenham? Are you kidding me?

August 31, 2006 10:26 a.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

Gah! Why is being a Spurs fan so unbelievable?

Family vacations are not too bad. I rather like my family, and we generally have good times. This vacation, though technically not a "family" one, was excellent, though abbreviated. My full account is on it's way. It's going to be a DOOZIE of a post.

August 31, 2006 5:16 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Sorry, I've just never met anyone who's a Spurs fan before...or at least one who's admitted it. (Tee hee, just teasing). I'm thinking that I'm going to cheer for Portsmouth this season.

August 31, 2006 6:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home